What to expect at the Department
More detailed information is available
Download and read this PDF file for more detailed information.
Requirements before graduation
- Written preliminary exam: see more details here.
- six core courses : PHYS 8101, 8102, 8201, 8202, 8011, & 8301
- Minimum of 30 credit hours taken at UGA (No grade below C)
- Oral exam: see more details here.
Forming your committee
- After passing the written prelim exam, you need to form your advisory committee.
- Must consist of a minimum of 3 members of the graduate faculty including the major professor(s) as the chair(s).
- See detailed information here.
- Final submission typically 10-12 days before commencement
International Students: After graduation (OPT)
- See this PDF file for detailed information.
Much of the information shown above is also avalable through the graduate school
- www.grad.uga.edu --> "Current Students Tab"
- Contact graduate school : email@example.com
- Contact the graduate coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).