Procedures for Dealing With Course Exemption
- University policy: The official policy is described in the University Bulletin. Exemptions are managed through the Advanced Placement Program administered by the Office of the Vice-President for Academic Affairs, not the Department.
- Procedures: The University grants exemption and credit on the basis of the College Board Advanced Placement scores in physics. Only PHYS 1111,1112,1211,1212 can be exempted.
- Departmental role: The Department's Undergraduate Curriculum Committee approves and sends to the Vice President for Academic Affairs' office the rules to be followed for exempting undergraduate physics courses. The Departmental Undergraduate Advisor serves as the liaison person with the Vice-President for Academic Affairs on this matter.
- The present exemption policies are shown at http://bake2.physast.uga.edu/aac-pa/advpla.html#UGA
- Exemption policies are available at the Graduate Handbook (http://www.physast.uga.edu/handbook.html#11) of the department.