- LOPA-based direct laser writing of multi-dimensional & multi-functional photonic structures
- Guest Speaker
- Prof. Diep Lai
- Guest Affiliation
- The Quantum and Molecular Photonics Laboratory (LPQM), Cachan, France
- Guest Affiliation Url
- Friday, February 3, 2017 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- CSP Conference Room (322)
We have developed a simple and low-cost fabrication technique, based on low one-photon absorption (LOPA) phenomena in a weakly absorbing photoresist (532 nm laser versus SU8 or S18 photoresist)[1,2,3]. This novel approach enables production of submicrometer 2D and 3D structures and could allow for imaging of submicrometer structures in 3D using a very modest laser power. This technique is also demonstrated as a simple technique to couple a single nanoparticle (nonlinear, metallic, or fluorescent) to polymer-based photonic structures [4,5]. It is recently demonstrated that the LOPA based direct laser writing also allowed to realize as desired plasmonic (gold) and magneto-photonic (Fe3O4) nanostructures [6,7]. Different applications of these fabricated structures could be envisioned, and partially realized, such as tuneable photonic devices, data storage, bright single photon source, quantum information, plasmonic data storage, color nanoprinter.
1. M. T. Do, et al., Submicrometer 3D structures fabrication enabled by one-photon absorption direct laser writing, Opt. Express 21, 20964-20973 (2013).
2. D. T. T. Nguyen, et al., One-step fabrication of submicrostructures by low one-photon absorption direct laser writing technique with local thermal effect, J. Appl. Phys. 119, 013101 (2016).
3. Q. C. Tong, et al., Direct laser writing of polymeric nanostructures via optically induced local thermal effect, Appl. Phys. Lett. 108, 183104 (2016).
4. M. T. Do, et al., Controlled coupling of a single nanoparticle in polymeric microstructure by low one-photon absorption-based direct laser writing technique, Nanotechnology 26, 105301 (2015).
5. D. T. T. Nguyen, et al., Coupling of a single active nanoparticle to a polymer-based photonic structure, J. Science: Advanced Materials and Devices 1, 18-30 (2016).
6. Q. C. Tong, et al., Rapid direct laser writing of desired plasmonic nanostructures, Submitted (2017).
7. T. H. Au, et al., Direct laser writing of magneto-photonic sub-microstructures, Submitted (2016).