Application to the DEEP Scholars Program is by invitation only. You will only be able to create and submit an application if you received an invitation email. For the 2017-18 school year, invitees were selected from the incoming first-year class by eligible intended major. To ensure full consideration, please make sure all application materials are submitted by Monday, June 26.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Click "Applicant Login" below. The email address at which you received the invitation will be your login ID. The first time you login, you will be prompted to select a password.
- Complete the online Application Form. In addition to providing information about you, you will also provide the names, schools, and email addresses of two Recommenders. These must be current or former teachers of yours. We will email them with instructions for submitting their letters of recommendation online.
- Once you have filled in all required information on the Application Form, click the "Save" button at the bottom. You will be able to edit this information later, but you will not be able to proceed with the rest of the application until you "Save" the Application Form.
- Use the "Upload Documents" link under "Actions" to upload three documents, each of which must be a PDF file.
- Upload a resumé of no more than two pages. Because this is a STEM-related scholarship, please be sure to include any STEM-related activities you've participated in.
- Upload a copy of your high school transcript(s).
- Upload an essay of no more than 500 words discussing your academic and career interests and goals and addressing how participating in the DEEP Scholars program at UGA will advance those interests and goals.
- Review all application items for accuracy and completeness, and make any necessary changes.
- Once you are satisfied that you have completed all components of the application, click the "Final Submit" button. You will not be able to make any further changes to any application components once you have clicked this button.